Here are some reviews of previous audio- described performances:
- "thanks to Julia’s considerable experience she skilfully wove in her commentary around the characters’ dialogue - to enable us to get the most out of this riveting production"Pitman Painters at the Wolverhampton Grand, June 2011
- "Margaret and Jonathan made every effort to ensure that their informative description of the visual onstage action did not in any way conflict with the music and beautiful arias"
WNO’s La Boheme at the Birmingham Hippodrome, June 2012
Full review >>
- " I always look to see who is doing the audio description and am always delighted when it is Jonathan Nash and Margaret Spittles. Johnathan is a master at this as is Margaret too.
I look for their names first and even if I am not sure what a show will be like I know I will get the maximimum experience of the show if they are describing as they do it maximum justice and always make it fun or deeply emotional depnding on what is being portrayed.’ I couldn’t think of a better pair!!"
Patron attending Hairspray, Nottingham Theatre Royal, July 2013
Patron attending Macbeth. Opera North: Leeds Grand, March 2014
- This was Mrs. O'Rielly's second time attending an opera (she is now 85), she said yesterday evening was the best night of her life. On multiple occasions throughout our conversation she exclaimed, "you made me feel like the Queen" and said that she couldn't go to bed without telling her husband every last detail.
- Mrs. O'Reilly positively loved the touch-tour and said both Willie and Margaret led her on a wonderful journey throughout the opera
- However, as always, you rose to the challenge superbly - not only helpfully describing the overtly visual dimension to what was happening on stage, but at the same time managing to weave in a paraphrase of the actual words being sung and this combination, for this particular visually impaired opera-lover at least, worked extremely well…..…I was delighted to have the chance to discover some new, and most enjoyable music, and thanks to the wonderful team efforts of WNO's accomplished cast and orchestra along with your tour de force of live commentary, I had another wonderful night at the opera
Patron attending Pelleas and Melisande
WNO: Birmingham Hippodrome June 2015
wanted to thank you very much indeed for having undoubtedly enhanced my enjoyment of WNO's latest production of La Boheme... As we all
agreed, it was a very engaging performance all round and really instructive to go on stage beforehand ably assisted by Julia's infectious enthusiasm along with that of you and your fellow
was useful to explore the set and props in an unhurried and
Patron attending La Boheme
WNO: WalesMillennium Centre, Cardiff. February 2017